Monday, January 9, 2012

A Tip About Bows: Liquid Stiffener


Overtime and with frequent wear, your bows will lose its lovely shape. A easy solution is to spray the bow with a liquid stiffener. You can make your own with a corn starch and water mixture or purchase one of our small bottles.


To stiffen: Spray the bow with stiffener until saturated (usually about 6 sprays), wipe off excess liquid (prevents a cloudy film) and let sit until dry. You can help speed up the process by blow drying your bow. Always and I mean always wash the nozzle with warm water after use to prevent clogging.

Tip: I like to use a very small bottle for stiffening because I find that my spray nozzle always get clogged after multiple use. I pour leftover stiffener into a small cup, fill the bottle with water and spray until the bottle is clean. It’s a little more work but it saves a lot of money. Your bottle will last forever this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment